Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Black Screen of Death

I don't know whether it's coincidence, or whether I've become a victim. Just days after reading that many people round the world have apparently suffered a Black Screen of Death on their PC following the latest Microsoft patch download, the same happened to our home machine this morning. Software firm Prevx claim millions have been infected; others say the victims number only in the thousands, and Microsoft denies that it's latest patch release is responsible. Because my computer would not even boot, I could not try my own usual run of resuscitation techniques, so I've rushed it to the repair shop, and I'm still waiting to hear the diagnosis. But if you suspect you have been similarly caught, Prevx have a fix here, that might work, provided you can see something on your screen.

No comments: