Friday, October 16, 2009

100+ places for free books online

Wet weekend coming up? Instead of numbing your mind in front of the goggle box, curl up with a good book. Great image, except it's a bit hard to visualise curling up with a computer while reading an online book. That apart, there are thousands if not millions of books now available on the internet, and Stephen Keroff has done us all a favour by compiling an amazingly comprehensive list of sites where you can find them. So far he's unearthed more than 100. Everything from romances to the deepest philosphy, with pretty well all the major classics in-between.
And here's confession time: I am an incurable romantic, and run a spare-time hobby site sharing some of my own favourites, including some of my own writing. Because I am a particular fan of Regency romances and short stories, I have probably picked up a few pieces that Stephen has missed. Come visit!

No comments: