Friday, August 14, 2009

Hey ho for a life on the ocean wave

I came the realisation recently that too many of my leisure activities involve computers. So instead of coming away relaxed, they can add to my stress. And while I have a major home landscaping project on the go and coach springboard diving (occasionally competing), sometimes they seem more like work than leisure = more stress. So I have decided to try and build a small sailing dinghy. I love sailing, but only get the opportunity about once a year if I'm lucky, and have always wanted a boat of my own (probably stems from jealousy that when I was a kid my cousin had one but I didn't). I found a book titled Ultrasimple Boat Building in the Christchurch library, and this does a wonderful job of demystifying the whole affair. So tomorrow I'm off to the DIY to hunt materials, and then in to it. Probably appropriate considering the wet forecast for the weekend. I'll keep you posted from time to time.

No comments: