Friday, June 11, 2010

Some new pdf tools

PDF to Word Converter is a free tool that turns a PDF document into a Word document. It holds the layout quite well, but it does use a lot of paragraph returns to do it.
If a pdf file is locked or password protected, no pdf conversion tool will touch it. However, PDF Password Remover will do just that. Sadly, it's not free, although I managed to get a free copy via another site, so keep a look out for the offers.
I have been using FoxIt as my main pdf reader for some time now, and it works well. And I like the fact that it is tiny in comparison to the bloated Adobe Reader. However, there are some new kids on the free block, worth checking out. Nitro PDF Reader has a lot of helpful tools. And Nuance also claims many bells and whistles, including conversion to Word documents. The latter is done by uploading to a website, but so far I haven't managed to get it the feature to work. The rest looks good, though.

No comments: