Wednesday, April 22, 2009

160gb Flash drive

My son-in-law has ordered a 160gb (that's gigabytes, not megabytes) flash drive, which he claims he can get for around $90. That's bigger than the hard drive in my two-year-old computer. I have yet to see the item, but if it's what he claims, it could solve my back-up problems. I did a back-up of just the data on my computer this week, and it took six DVDs to hold it all. It makes one reluctant to backup too frequently, which is a Bad Thing. From what I can read, no-one is too sure of the life-span of a flash drive, but it's probably no worse than your average hard drive. The two biggest dangers are damaging the pins, and losing the small device. But the latter is also a plus, as a small device is much easier to hide from thieving eyes.

No comments: