Friday, March 20, 2009

Internet Explorer 8

The long-awaited final release of Microsoft's browser, Internet Explorer 8, has finally hit the road. (You can download a copy here.) Microsoft obviously hopes this will seriously dent the growing popularity of Firefox, while users will hope this fixes some of the serious deficiencies of IE. I haven't downloaded a copy yet, but will do Very Soon Now. PC World has a very good article outlining the new features of IE8. If it's half as good as they suggest, I could start using it a bit more. On my work computer, when it comes to IE, I am locked into version 6. The irony is that the PC World article would not display properly in it, while it showed perfectly in Firefox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering. I replaced my computer last year. It runs WindowsXP and I presume it uses IE7

I wonder if the new release of IE8 has anything to do with IE not responding when I open it for the first time. I have to end task and try again.

One does get a bit paranoid, what with Microsoft's policy of introducing new software and ceasing support for the old.